Thursday 24 May 2012

the sunshine vibe... [going all katy perry]

"Well, can you tell me what it feels like?"

"Fool, it's hot! I told you again! Were you born on the sun?! It's damn hot" 

well, its not actually that hot, but complaining about the weather is the national obsession...

although i for one have been rather enjoying it...

didn't i tell you, its hot, damn hot...
i'm less keen on the 'medallion man' triangle i appear to have developed on my chest whilst out and about today... (and if my face caught the sun, it could be that the beard is gonna have to stay awhile)

and you can't beat a bit of messin' with synths on a sunny day (esp. not the bass!!)...

Katy Perry... and watermelon
but what's all this got to do with katy perry?!

well, it has come to my attention, via the means of proper scientific analysis, that attempting to write synth lines on a sunny day inevitably leads to katy perry bubblegum sunshine-pop...

it is seriously true!! you start out all dank and dirty, and then a lil' bit just creeps in there...

you gotta be quick!! like that game with the moles and the hammers...

tbf bubblegum synth-pop is a genre that i have explored yet, and have no especial desire to at this time (i'm leaving it to my 50s, after my dub-freakout album)...

if it happens, you know exactly who/what to blame...

peace-out y'all

fb



No comments:

Post a Comment